Saturday, February 6, 2010

As I Often Do

I have become jaded once again to the prospect of anything being able to get better in this country due to the base level that politics has routinely succumb to. I go through bouts of this every couple years, I don't really know how or why I ever come out of these states. There really isn't any chance for progress until the old guard dies and the next generation pushes out the old tired thinking of the previous two generations. I hope that my generation once in power doesn't succumb to the idiocy that reigns today's political climate but I know it will it always does. As youth grows old the spirit fades and the dreams die. As a younger man i was once told that I wouldn't care so much when I grew older, I thought to myself, I'd rather not live than lose my passion for life, and justice. Today, over ten years later, I still feel the same. I guess that is why I always come out of these political slumps. I can't stop caring and I can't stop trying to help, it's who I am.

Hope is a weapon but it can dull just as a sword, or decay just as a bomb. As a wise man once said "But when the end comes, those who march on will be the ones who used hope as a weapon. So we embrace fear, march on to victory, get up when we fall, march on to victory and when our feet bleed, then we will crawl." Lines like this give me hope for the future, they make my will grow stronger and they increase my strength. We will change this world and we will make this a better place for everyone, I Promise.

No comments: